Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thankful

So, as probably 99% of the people that read this already know, I am Mormon. And proud of it. I've had some things on my heart and my mind and this is probably the most appropriate place to share them.

I have so much to be thankful for. Awesome family on both sides being one of them. Cody and I both have the most amazing parents that are always there for us. It's amazing to me that each set of parents (we have 3 between the two of us) are there for us when we need them in different but equal ways. We love them and have no clue what we'd do without them. 

I'm thankful for McKenna and her health. She has been without health insurance for over a year and the worst she's had is colds and a couple ear infections. We have been truly blessed with that. 

I am so very thankful for friends. With as awesome as we are I know it's hard to believe, but we don't have a lot of them. We've been in a position the last couple of years that have made it hard to cultivate friendships. We are looking forward to now being in a position again to do that.

Our friends Levi and Jessica (who MOVED and we MISS them) made it so easy to keep a friendship going in our situation. They understood and went above and beyond what they had to. They had us over ALL the time and kept me SANE. They gave me shoulders to cry on, ears to complain to, brains to pick. Seriously amazing people and I hate that they're gone. HATE it. 

My friend Kayli is also amazing. We have only met in person a couple times but she has also been a brain to pick. She is an AWESOME example and I'm so thankful for her influence. 

Then there is Liz. Liz has been my photography mentor, friend, and spiritual guide. She understands me and how my brain works (which is amazing in and of itself) and can explain things in a way I understand. She has been invaluable. Seriously. 

And Amanda. Amanda has been there for me through every phase. (She's Cody's cousin.) We've only met in person once but have talked on Facebook and through text seriously almost every day for I don't know how long. Years maybe? She has been with me through my ups and downs, faith and doubt, happiness and sadness. I'm so lucky to have her! 

Jillian. My sister-in-law. She loves me accepts me even though we have different belief systems. There is a deep level of acceptance between us and it's just awesome. 

There are others, and I don't mean to leave anyone out. 

I am thankful for Cody. He has been...everything I need. He has been my north star helping me to find my way. We have found our ways together, I think. I am so thankful for his introducing me to our faith. It has had such an impact on my life. We are so blessed to have been sealed to each other and our daughter in the Salt Lake City LDS Temple in March. It was an amazing experience. I am just beyond thankful to have and eternal marriage and family. I feel complete. I love the Temple and all that it stands for. Heavenly Father loves us so much that he created a way for us to exist in eternity as a family unit. I couldn't think of anyone that I'd rather make that eternal commitment to than Cody.

My heart is just so full right now. There are days that I struggle. Of course. Don't we all at times? But at the end of the day, I know how I feel and I know what I believe. I am so very thankful for the plan of salvation. 

4 comments:

  1. Marissa, your friendship has meant the world to me as well. You're so sweet to put a public thank you out there. I'm so glad we met that one time visiting teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much! I feel the same way, and I honestly could not imagine having anyone else as a sister. You have been my rock at times, and more than just family but a friend, a true one and because of our acceptance of each other and our differences, I know we will always be close even when we are far. I am so glad you are happy, I know I tell you that all the time lol but I mean it. I am glad you found something in your life that you can be passionate about and that makes you the person you want to be, and the person that everyone loves.I am glad Cody found you, because if he didn't maybe the church wouldn't have and I possibly would be stuck with some awful girl as my sister in-law ;P Keep writing! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this beautiful blog you wrote, what a wonderful testament from your heart. I feel truly blessed to have you in my life, you have been a great strength to me. I love being there for my children, my family is my world. Even though I am miles away right now, I hope you know that I am always here, and I will do what I can from afar. I do miss you all. I hope we can arrange a visit here in the near future.

    As I read about all the wonderful people that have been influences in your life, it seems they were all placed in your life at the time you needed them. I once heard that the Lord places people in your life as stepping stones to help us find our way. I pray that you will keep finding special people in your life to continue helping you in your journey through life, and always treasure the ones you have in your life.

    I am glad my boys have found such wonderful women to be their wives and mother's to my grand babies. I am extremely grateful for the many blessing that are in my life and to have the knowledge of the plan of salvation. It is a wonderful gift from our Father in Heaven.

    Thanks again for sharing what is in your heart. I just need to pay more attention to the blog, I feel bad it took me this long to read it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy I was able to meet Jillian and Cody both!! It's like these blogging lives came alive! Amazing people, thank you for letting me into your life.

    ReplyDelete